“I don’t just want my kids to be moral. I don’t just want them to know all of the Biblical rules for behavior. I don’t just want them to make it through my home with good grades, no drug addiction, and no premarital sex. I want them to leave my home with a hunger and passion to know God personally and to be used by Him to accomplish great things for His kingdom.”
“As I walk honestly before God, with my children watching, they will learn how to have a real relationship with Him as well. As they see me apologize to them and pray in front of them to ask for God’s forgiveness in my own life, my children will learn that God is a God of grace who forgives me and guides me. My worshiping Him in gratitude for a beautiful sunset or a rainbow gives them a pattern for their own spontaneous worship. As my children see me in the deep waters of life, being tested to my core and still holding on to my Lord and choosing to believe the best, this observation will prepare them for their own trials which will surely come. They will know that He will guide and forgive them as they lead an imperfect but devoted life before a loving Father who has always met their mother’s needs!”
“I don’t have to be a perfect mother – just an authentic believer.”
Sally Clarkson The Mission of Motherhood

2 comments:
I love this! Love It! This is so how my heart feels about being a mother. I love my little ones and I love being a mom. My heart's desire is that they will know him, and love him deeply. :D
I'm with you Tiffany! I'm glad you loved it too! =0)
Post a Comment