Life will always be busy (unless we eat the bread of idleness). I have found that if I wait for a "free moment" to have fun with my kids, to visit an elderly friend, to spend some quality time with my husband, or even to put my own feet up for a bit that it will never happen.
It might sound silly but actually scheduling some of those events onto my calendar can help make sure they happen. Cleaning my house can wait, the to-do list isn't going anywhere, and the laundry will eventually get done. I don't want to get to the end of my life and realize that I never got around to the important things because I was always too busy with housework, obligations, and to-do lists.
While keeping house, following through with obligations, and working hard to accomplish to-do lists are important in a different way, we have to find balance. Balance is the key to the busy woman's life. Balance is obtained with careful planning, conviction, maturity, prayer, and being relationship oriented instead of selfish.
In my efforts to be a hard working keeper of my home, faithful to my role as wife and mother, I can not forget to take time for other things. Schedule time, set aside time, plan out times, make those times happen. Sometimes it's a lot of work, like planning a family fun day that includes an outing but it's worth the work that goes into it. You won't regret the times you took to do those things.
Take time.
5.08.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment