I love my home management binder. It's just a 3 ring binder with dividers and page covers. It's the brain of my home (since my brain is mostly gone). Anything and everything I could possibly need is in there. It keeps me on schedule, it keeps me organized, it keeps me in contact, which all keeps me happy.
What I use to make it:
- a three ring binder
- page dividers
- page protectors (great for holding receipts, coupons, cards, and such.)
- a three ring binder whole punch (unless you put all your pages in page protectors.)
- post it notes (are a must for me so I keep a little stack in the front pocket
- a pen (you'll use this often and not want to search for one.)
Here's what is currently in my home management folder divided by the bold categories:
Meal Planning-
- calendar month of meal plan
- printed recipes that I use almost every week (ie. bread, snacks, etc.)
- dinner ideas list
- lunch ideas list
- azure standard schedule
- azure standard order receipts
- recipes I want to try
- the basic recipes I use almost every week
Homeschool-
- school year calendar
- kid's Bible reading chart
- kid's individual weekly curriculum plan
- kid's course of study and scope
- kid's weekly lesson plans
- reading list for library books
Coupons-
- sorted in page protectors by expiration date
Communication-
- important information I don't want to forget! Especially with coming up events
- next month's cards for birthdays and other events
- church directory, neighborhood directory, family directories
- list of new neighbor's names (so that I don't forget them!)
- medical results, doctor appointments, current research I'm doing of any sort
- a list of questions to as your kids to connect with them spiritually
- things I need to respond to or follow up on (ie. wedding invites, letters, orders, etc.)
Finances-
- monthly cash flow plan
- budget
- receipts to keep
- other financial notes (ie. goals, etc.)
At different times my folder has also included categories such as:
Home Decorating-
- I save paint chips
- magazine pages of things I like
- list of items to keep my eye out for at garage sales
- etc.
Christmas-
- Christmas gift ideas
- list of gifts bought previously
- menu plan
- Christmas card list and check list
- postage
- etc.
Cleaning-
- daily cleaning schedule
- weekly cleaning schedule
- monthly cleaning schedule
Marriage-
- date ideas
- baby sitter contact list
- spontaneous ways to show love ideas
- plans for anniversary
- plans for valentines
- gift ideas
- etc.
My current binder had a window pocket design on the front. So, I wrote Home Management on a piece of paper and slid it in the pocket. I found it at Walmart. Yes, it can get a little messy at times since life is busy but at least it's all there and I know where it is!

2 comments:
Those are some great ideas! I'm planning on making a home management binder soon so I'm enjoying seeing how other women organize their lives and homes. :-)
~ Carrie ~
Thank you for sharing this and including the links; I forgot about Donna Young's forms.
In Christ,
Joanne in MO
Post a Comment